There is no dispute that supplements can play an important role in establishing as well as maintaining your body’s health. For example, supplements can increase our energy levels, aid in joint and muscle pain, and increase our levels of desire. Supplements offer a natural alternative to many ailments we face on a day to day basis. However, some supplements tend to be more popular than others. In this article, you will discuss the top ten supplements and the reasons for their popularity.
1. Co-Q 10: This antioxidant rich supplement is believed to be beneficial in marinating heart health by lowering blood pressure in those with hypertension. It is also believed to boot metabolic levels.
2. Omega- 3: Regardless of whether it is taken in the form of fish or flax seed oil, this supplement is among the most popular of supplements for those looking to increase levels of concentration. It is believed that Omega-3 can help individuals with ADD and ADHD, as well as with individuals with high cholesterol levels.
3. Vitamin B-12: This vitamin is essential in maintaining a positive mood as well as proper metabolic function and is often used as an energy supplement.
4. Calcium: Women require calcium in such high levels that calcium supplements are vital. Calcium as we all know promotes skeletal health and can help to prevent the bone disease osteoporosis.
5. Melatonin: This antioxidant rich supplement is known for its ability to help those experiencing bouts of sleeplessness. Naturally occurring within the body, it is believed that Melatonin can also aid in promoting a sense of well being.
6. Vitamin C: This ever popular cold season supplement is known for its immune strengthen qualities, and can also be used to combat anemia as it helps our bodies to utilize iron more efficiently.
7. St. John’s Wort: This supplement has long been known for its help in overcoming mild cases of depression.
8. Soy: As soy aids in increasing estrogen levels it is known for helping to relieve some of the discomforts associated with menopause.
9. Echinacea: This relative of the daisy can be useful in boosting the body’s ability to prevent colds, as well as shortening the duration of symptoms in those with a cold.
10. Glucosamine chondroitin: Known for being beneficial to those that suffer from arthritis, it is believed that this supplement can also help to prevent the degeneration of cartilage.