The struggle to maintain a healthy appearance and state of being is complicated by the number of artificial aids available, and many seek to maintain skin health and vigour through entirely natural means. Fortunately, you can adopt a number of natural anti-ageing skin care habits that ensure healthy, youthful skin.
Throughout the ages, women have sought a variety of ways to accentuate skin beauty. The latest cosmetic advance is the addition of light-reflective optical pigments to face creams, make-up and primers. These bounce light off the face, giving your skin a more vibrant glow as well as evening out skin tones and disguising fine lines.
Try these secrets for youthful looking skin. Take evening primrose oil supplements, which moisturise your skin from the inside. They make skin softer, more luminous and provide a more youthful appearance.
Protect & Perfect range.
- Skin Primer: These contain silicones, nylons (and sometimes optical pigments) which fill fine lines, wrinkles and open pores to form a smooth canvas for make-up.
- Mineral make-up: It contains no chemicals, parabens, perfumes, binders, preservatives or fillers. It’s actually ‘Make-up so pure you can sleep in it’ – just like skin care but with colour! The results will be skin that looks like your own, but better!
- Finish with Mineral Veil to absorb oil and obtain a natural shine-free silky finish. With bare Minerals it is so easy to achieve the perfect base.
Stop the Clock
Sometimes clever make-up isn’t enough, and a more invasive approach is needed to visibly improve your skin. These cosmetic treatments can improve acne scars, skin redness and thread veins.
- Microdermabrasion gently exfoliates the outer layer of skin by propelling a jet of tiny microcrystals across the skin’s surface. This removes dead and damaged cells, leaving you with visibly smoother, clearer, younger looking skin.
- Laser resurfacing uses short bursts of energy to remove the top layer of skin, including fine lines and irregular pigmentation. This reveals the smoother, younger-looking skin beneath. Laser therapy can also be used to treat red thread veins.
- Intense pulsed light (IPL) can rapidly clear thread veins as well as stimulating collagen formation to give skin a fresher, more youthful appearance.
- Thermage Uses radiofrequency technology to heat the deep collagen layers of your skin. This tightens collagen fibres and stimulates the formation of new collagen.
- Botox is a purified toxin derived from a type of bacteria. It acts at the tiny junctions where nerve and muscle cells communicate, to paralyse small muscle fibres and relax the skin. Injections are repeated every 3 to 4 months.
- Dermal fillers eg collagen, hyaluronic acid. Small amounts of a filler, such as hyaluronic acid, are injected into the skin every centimetre across the treatment area in a series of micro-punctures. Hyaluronic acid stimulates production of collagen fibres and attracts water into the skin.