People with fat stored around their abdomen area are known as people having apple shaped bodies. Belly fat is basically the fat stored around the abdomen. These people generally have the tendency to store fat around the abdomen of the area and 80% men and 20% women fall under this category.
There are two layers of fat around the belly, superficial fat called the subcutaneous fat between the skin and the muscle. Second type is visceral fat, the deeper fat covering the visceral organs like the heart, liver, kidneys, lungs etc.
Men are more prone to be affected by the visceral fat layer, while women with subcutaneous fat layer that forms cellulite.
Following are the 7 good ways to get rid of these two kinds of fat around the belly:
- Going on a basic diet and doing exercise for a few minutes will take care of the visceral fat and a little of the subcutaneous fat reducing the tummy inches overall.
- Foods which are acidic in nature generally cause the pH of the body to shift towards the acidic index due to which the belly appears bloated all the time and appears protruded. SO, avoid foods like onions, cabbage etc which are acidic and cause gas formation in the stomach.
- Foods that are high in sodium should be avoided as these foods generally cause water retention and thereby even if the person is exercising he/she will have a bloated feeling of the tummy all throughout due to retention of water.
- Exercise along with dieting: It was found that women who did cardio exercises regularly along with dieting lost lost 18% fat around their belly region whereas the women who dieted alone just lost weight but not the belly fat.
- Water plays an important role in targeting fat. Muscles need 70% water for hydration and once they are hydrated they burn more calories, thereby increasing overall metabolism. Also water flushes out extra and unwanted toxins of the body and having more water prevents cellulite formation
- If a person follows a healthy diet and does cardio exercise, the person will lose overall weight. To specifically target abs, doing 5 minutes of abs exercises daily is enough.
- To burn fat, exercise at 69-72 % of the target heart rate (THR) have to be done for at least 30-45 minutes. Fat needs oxygen to be burnt and this is possible by doing more cardio in your routine.
Exercises like walking, running, jogging, swimming, cycling etc are excellent sources of reducing belly fat.
Finally one should understand to maintain a healthy lifestyle with a healthy diet and exercise will help a person lose weight and target belly fat over a period of time.”